Presenting a group concept like man to man defense takes preparation and planning. Using the whole-part-whole concept, players can easily see the whole defense first to understand the primary idea. Once it has been accomplished the various components could be introduced individually. By putting they defense together again every part start to make sense. I recommend the entire-part-whole type of teaching basketball.
Man to man defense is a superb method to while using whole idea of teaching. Listed here are the steps to follow along with together with your team
1. Show the entire concept first on the ground with only 5 players to allow them to seen firsthand the way a 5 players look like a defensive unit.
2. Carefully and gradually have players walk-through all the slides and situations that may exist in the half court.
3. Possess the defense defend some half speed offensive possessions. Go slow enough to teach them through each pass and movement.
4. Break the defense lower into individual parts and drill all these.
5. Place the parts together again and play full speed within the half court.
Once you listen to it live, you’ll scurry to #1 or #2. Defensive slippage is big whatsoever levels, but more in the elementary and junior high levels. A good example of teaching part of man to man defense may be the flat triangular concept. The flat triangular is really a term to explain the form created between your defender, his man, and also the ball.
The easiest method to educate this idea would be to take string and also have the player using the ball as well as your man hold it…this represents the “type of the ball.” Incidentally, yet another term we use loosely that people expect our players to right away grasp! Wrong, they are planning on playing X Box within an hour when practice has ended.
Extend the string to permit your opponent to carry the string also. If he’s a measure from the type of the ball, the form the string takes is a flat triangular.